5 Biggest Lies You Believe About Networking—and 11 Other Things to Know This Week
Every week, we gather our favorite resources on career advice, smart living tips, and ways to have a little more fun in life and compile it all into our famous Best of the Web newsletter. And now, we’re bringing it out of our inboxes and onto the web—just for you!
Love what you see? Make sure to share Best of the Web with your friends!
Want to make sure you never miss out on any of the action? Sign up for our newsletter now!
- 5 Biggest Lies You Believe About Networking (Cheat Sheet)
- 8 Ways to Spring Clean Your Career (TIME)
- How Do You Survive Office Competition? (The Wall Street Journal)
- The Powerful 3-Letter Word That’ll Boost Your Career if You’re Brave Enough to Use It (The Daily Muse)
- The Art of Finding Work-Life Balance With Your Smartphone (Mashable)
- Don’t Set Your Own Career Ceiling (Live in the Grey)
- The Reading Habits of Ultra-Successful People (Observer)
- How to Add a Little Feng Shui to Your Desk for Under $15 (The Daily Muse)
- 22 Completely Wonderful Mother’s Day Gifts That Are on Sale Right Now (BuzzFeed)
- A Ranking of Snack Bars Strictly by Nutritional Content (Spoon University)
- How to Get a Decent Night’s Sleep After a Night of Drinking (Lifehacker)
- 6 Smarter Ways to Spend Your Tax Refund This Year (The Daily Muse)
Photo of networkers courtesy of Shutterstock.
Caroline Liu is a freelance writer, graphic designer, and computer programmer studying at Wesleyan University. She is pursuing majors in Feminist, Gender, and Sexuality Studies and Computer Science in order to bridge her passions for tech, design, and social justice. Learn more about Caroline on her website or follow her on Twitter.More from this Author