3 Scientific Ways to Prevent Awkward Conversations—and 11 Other Things to Know Now
Every week, we gather our favorite resources on career advice, smart living tips, and ways to have a little more fun in life and compile it all into our famous Best of the Web newsletter. And now, we’re bringing it out of our inboxes and onto the web—just for you!
Love what you see? Make sure to share Best of the Web with your friends!
Want to make sure you never miss out on any of the action? Sign up for our newsletter now!
- To Get Ahead in Your Career, Disrupt Yourself First (Quartz)
- Can Networking at the Office Become Too Much of a Good Thing? (Strategy + Business)
- Asking for a Raise When You’re Afraid To (HBR)
- 4 Reasons You’re Not Landing Remote Jobs—and How to Change That Today (The Daily Muse)
- 3 Scientific Ways to Prevent Awkward Conversations (The Next Web)
- How Often You Should Wash Everything in Your Life (PureWow)
- 10 Things to Remember When You Feel Unsure of Yourself (Marc and Angel)
- 5 Changes You Can Make to Your Bedroom That’ll Make Waking Up Easier (The Daily Muse)
- These 5 National Book Award Winners Should Definitely Make Your Reading List (Refinery29)
- 39 Low Key Ways to Trick Everyone Into Thinking You’re an Adult (BuzzFeed)
- The 31 Best Gas Station Snacks, Ranked (Thrillist)
- 5 Career-Boosting Reasons You Should Volunteer (in Addition to the Fact That it Makes You a Good Person) (The Daily Muse)
Lily is a writer, editor, and social media manager, as well as co-founder of The Prospect, the world’s largest student-run college access organization. In addition to her writing with The Muse, she also serves as an editor at HelloFlo and Her Campus. Recently, she was named one of Glamour’s Top 10 College Women for her work helping underserved youth get into college. You can follow Lily on Twitter.More from this Author